OPERATIONS VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION
Operations volunteers perform various internal functions. These include such things as assistance on grant research and writing, fundraising efforts, reception, data input, internet research, inquiry response, public relations, filing, typing, assisting with finances, and representing the organization to others in the community. Prospective operations volunteers will be screened carefully for past experience and/or ability in the various facets of operations. They will also be subject to criminal background checks.
All those accepted to become operations volunteers will undergo training on office forms and procedures, data input, grants, and fundraising.
Below you will find the job responsibilities of our volunteers in operations. There is also a link to our volunteer application form. If you are interested in applying to become a volunteer in operations, please click on the link below and complete the form in its entirety.
To assist in various aspects of Help Now! administrative operations. Reports to and under oversight of operations management.
- Performs tasks effectively in furtherance of the operations of Help Now! including those related to development, information dissemination, advocacy support, and finances
- Demonstrates dependability
- Keeps accurate records
- satisfactorily completes administrative training
- acts in professional polite manner in dealing with colleagues/members of public
- acts resourcefully and with appropriate degree of independence in completing tasks
- available to assist in operations at scheduled times
- attends organization events including training updates and operations improvement sessions
- follows organizational procedures
- record keeping
- inputs case data accurately into appropriate databases
- maintains appropriate organizational records and filing system